Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Three weeks and 1 day!

Well, less than three weeks actually, but that's the amount of time that shall pass before I meet my team in Gainesville, GA for a wonderful time of training and greeting! I can't believe that it coming soo soon! I am more excited with each passing day to meet the girls that I have started to get to know through emails and phone calls. Their spiritual maturity and heart for God and his people already astounds me! When I think of myself at their age, I know that I was a Christian and loved the Lord, but I don't know that I could say that had the same conviction and faith that they do. Indeed, at that time I had never considered missions and quite frankly, traveling around the world to live as God's humble servant was the furthest thing from my mind...now it's nearly all I can think about! How the Lord changes our hearts!

Last night I was looking at the list of things to do that I had made, and started to get a little overwhelmed. I have yet to really start any preparations for my trip as far as packing and getting our lessons ready that we will be going through in our discipleship time with the girls. However, in the coming week I will be going to the beach with my family, so I hope to get some good work done in the car and prayer and intimate time with the Lord while relaxing in his grand creation. Please pray that I will use my time wisely and that I will be fully equipped by God to do everything good thing he has purposed for me to do!

Some practical updates, today I have the afternoon off from work, so I plan to go to the thrift store and find some great African outfits! I'm pretty excited as this is my favorite part :)

That's all for now. Please continue to pray for our team, our preparations and the people of Swaziland! Also pray for the other teams going with AIM. In addition to THREE other Swazi teams, we have people going to Kenya, India, Peru, Ireland, Jamaica, and the Dominican Republic that I can think of at the moment. Some of these teams will be leaving next week.

Also, pray for the summer missionaries from the BCM going to every inhabited continent this summer! Will and Casey, Dusti, Lindsay, Tori, Amanda, Sybil, Josie, Laure Beth, Daniel, Andrew, David, Sam, Jessica D., Sarah Shores, and anyone I forgot :(

No comments: